Come and work a winter season for the No. 1 airport transfer company in Morzine. We’re currently looking for some outstanding people to join our team for 2019/2020 winter season.
Please see current positions available with job descriptions, roles, requirements, qualities needed and how to apply below:
Full time (35 hours per week) / Part time (25 hours per week) / Weekend (Saturday and/or Sunday) / Flexible (Weekday hours TBC) positions available.
Driver Job Description:
PowderCab are based in Morzine, France and operate transfers between Geneva Airport (occasionally other airports/destinations/city centres) to various ski resorts in the Portes du Soleil and Grand Massif ski areas (occasionally other resorts).
Your role as a driver will include (but not limited to) driving paying clients in one of our long wheel based 8-seater minibuses on European alpine roads in a timely, safe, calm and considerate manner. Above all, candidates must be excellent, aware, careful, considerate and confident drivers.
Additional Job Roles:
- Working and driving in winter conditions (cold, snow, ice etc)
- Looking after, cleaning, maintaining and taking great pride in your allotted company vehicle
- Working within a team in an ever changing schedule
- Loading and unloading of clients luggage from vehicles
- Working some ‘unsocial’ hours
What We Are Looking For (Requirements/Qualifications):
- Full (preferably clean) EU driver’s licence held for a minimum of 4 years
- Must be over 23 years old and be physically fit enough* to load and unload luggage
- Have an EU passport
- English speaking (some French language knowledge is useful but not essential)
- Experience of driving larger vehicles
- A clean criminal record
PLUS, due to new changes in Swiss licensing regulations, all transfer drivers (operating info/from Geneva) must have ONE of the following in order for us to consider your application:
- Minimum of 2 winter seasons experience as a transfer driver within the last 10 years (proven by payslips or a letter from previous employer(s)).
- Minimum of 2 years professional driving experience (haulage, courier, post, passenger etc) within the last 10 years (proven by payslips or a letter from previous employer(s)).
- Hold a category D or D1 licence with a Driver Qualification Card (DQC).
- Hold a category C license with a Driver Qualification Card (DQC).
- OR for those who currently only have a category B driving licence (and therefore don’t quite meet the above Swiss licensing requirements), we can help you with arranging for the completion of a UK RoSPA Advanced Driver Chauffeur course or Irish government equivalent. Please contact us for more details.
The PowderCab office is in central Morzine, and therefore all candidates need to base themselves in Morzine for the full winter season (start of December – mid April). Successful candidates will be on a competitively salaried seasonal contract enabling them purchase lift passes at the seasonal workers lift pass price (considerably cheaper than paying the full amount). We do not provide accommodation, however, we can provide you with a list of seasonal accommodation providers in Morzine.
We also provide a week of training at the beginning of December which includes an alpine driving awareness and safety course. All candidates must attend and successfully complete the course before contracts begin.
*In order to drive in France we will organise a French medical in December to ensure you are medically fit enough to drive paying customers.
POSITION NOW FILLED
Office Administrator Job Description:
You will be working with our other exceptional office team members (full time basis – 35 hours per week) in central Morzine, managing and coordinating daily and future bookings and providing excellent administrative support. You will be ensuring that our team of drivers are punctual, informed of their daily duties and of their transfer details, and monitoring clients flights times, traffic and snow conditions. All with the main aim that our clients receive a very high level of service from their first enquiry to their last journey.
Main Job Roles:
- responding to customer emails/phone calls
- administer and schedule bookings using our in-house reservation system
- managing personnel (drivers) and daily operations
You will be expected to quickly learn, understand and use our scheduling system in order to manage bookings, clients, drivers and minibuses efficiently. Additionally, you will have the duty phone several evenings per week to ensure the smooth running of services out of normal office hours.
Qualities & Skills Needed:
- Excellent communication skills and polite phone manner
- Able to learn quickly, work independently and as part of a team
- Hold lots of information in your head at one time and multitasking
- Being able to work hard and work efficiently
- Proficient computer and administrative skills
- Being calm, patient and have plenty of common sense
- Using initiative, being proactive and going the extra mile
- Be able to work under pressure, think clearly and think ‘outside the box’
- Being punctual
Qualities Desired But Not Essential:
- Prior knowledge of Morzine and the surrounding area
- A full (preferably clean) driving license
- Be able to speak some French
This is an excellent opportunity to join our friendly office team providing our clients with a very high level of service and professionalism. We are only looking for candidates who know the meaning of hard work, efficiency and who can keep calm when facing challenges.
You will be required to join us in Morzine in late November/early December in order to do thorough training of our in-house reservation system and protocol before your contract begins.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in working for PowderCab and meet all of the above requirements/qualifications and qualities, then please forward us a copy of your CV with a recent photograph by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appropriate applicants will then be sent an application form to complete fully and be required to submit 2 approved referees. Applicants who successfully reach the interview stage will be contacted by email or phone.
Many thanks and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
The PowderCab Team